Thursday, August 26, 2010

Looking better...

I did some manscaping yesterday to get a good look at my scar and a mark that has appeared on my right peck. I showed the Dr the mark last time we were at Penn and Dr H said he didn't know what it is and that I should see a dermatologist. Great, just what I wanted to do...see another Doctor. Looking at the mark its glossy like the the scar is, so I'm wondering if they got some of the glue they used to close the incision on my chest by accident.




So here is the 3 month post transplant scars, not too bad at all really. I figured I can just say I was in a fight and was hit with an ax or a broadhead sword, then I got the best of the guy so his partner shot me several times in the gut. Sounds good no?....LOL

I'm now 142 pounds and as you can see have filled out much better than I was, and the scar is stretched slightly because of it. I'm nowhere near my final goal of around 160, but at least I don't look completely sickly anymore. As I mentioned before at my low of 123 pounds I really looked bad. Being an ex bodybuilder I know I have body dysmorphia issues, but trust me it was bad. In hindsight I should have taken a photo, but I was really disgusted with it all at that point. See if my weight did not start to improve my fear was that I would have had to get a feeding tube put in and I was vehemently against that. I still have to force myself to eat most of the time, but I'm making sure to get my calories in and it is working well. I really need to start to lifting more though, I have been getting out almost daily doing various things for cardio, but I'm not doing nearly enough resistance exercise since I'm still hesitant with my sternum and incision. The 5 pounds weights are just a joke, so I did get some 10 pounders now to push it some.

On another note, here is a picture I received yesterday from the Callahan fundraiser last week with Bill Clinton. You can see how thin I am in it (was in 120's). to me I look like I'm wearing someone else's suit, lol..




On a positive note I have now started to attend a few meetings over the last two weeks and am trying to get back in the flow of the campaign. Its so nice to be able to be a part of something again and not just focus on my health issues. I'm making sure to use Purell on my hands all the time and wear a mask when in close quarters.

3 comments:

  1. It looks like Excalibur has gotten it's revenge. Lol. The incisions look great. Glad everything is healing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Filling out nicely. Do you have buying your first bottle of body oil marked as a goal on your calendar.

    I'd go with a confused rogue viking with a battle axe story. "He came up the shore out of nowhere!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so good to see you blogging again. Peace to you as you continue to heal and recover. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete