Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Keep on moving up...

It has been a very good week for me health wise, weight continues to rise (now at 143) and I blew an all time high on my home peak flow yesterday (FEV1 3.12 FVC 3.57). I have been able to get back into the campaign office several times and am starting to get back into the groove some. I also started to lift weights again this week. It felt great, my only concern is still my sternum. When I was doing bar presses and had the bar lowered with my arms all the way down I couldn't help but wonder if my chest was going to split open...lol.. Luckily I was able to push the 45 pound bar without issue. I am noticing that my strength is steadily increasing, so I will have to keep in mind the doctors limitations.

Denise and I got out and about all weekend and it was so great to be able to walk through the stores and grab lunch with minimal concern for my health. I am of course still going nuts with purrell, but not wearing a mask unless its really close quarters.

I also picked up my new iPhone 4 yesterday (take that Chris and your droid)! I know most of you who really know me were surprised that it took me this long. The focus was on health and rehab and my iPad and old phone was sufficient tools, but I finally got over to pick up the new one. Denise and I are heading to Atlantic City tomorrow and I wanted the new camera features with the flash. I have to say the screen clarity is excellent but I have not noticed much else that is different yet. It was so easy to set up, Apple is great for user functionality.

4 comments:

  1. Dude, you rock! Sounds like your engery level is up there now. Enjoy!

    Purell, it's a good thing. I just got back from an Alaskan cruise and was really concerned about the cleanliness of the boat and catching something because of the buffet. Well they had a person a every entrance to every restaurant standing there with Purell and pumped it out to you before you entred.
    So so glad you arae doing well and enjoying life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim, Sounds like you and Luke are both traveling down the same road (minimal bumps and headed in the right direction). I can't tell you how much your posts (and Denise's) have meant to use over the last 2.5 weeks. It also meant so much for my family to meet you at the spaghetti dinner. Hope you and Denise have a fabulous time in AC. And we will pray that you are A0B0C0 on your biopsy 9/3! The PFTs and weight look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog through CysticLife. It's always fascinating for me to hear how others are doing and how they're handling their CF. I've really enjoyed what I've read and hope to stop back by often, if that's okay. ;)

    Also, apparently I'm not the ONLY one who carries a mini-bottle of Purell in my purse, the diaper bag, my pocket, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo hoo! Cannot wait to go to AC and walk the boardwalk with the new wind bags...and you too!

    ReplyDelete