Thursday, November 3, 2011

I know...

...I know...
I haven't posted in a month!
We've been busy raising money for CF! Good excuse huh? So far the total raised is $12,704!!!!

On October 23rd we had our 1st Annual Steel Poker Run and it went fantastic! We were both amazed at how many people came out and supported us in our quest to fight CF. Our family and friends came together and did it all in just 8 weeks of planning! What a heartwarming feeling it was to see so many people come out and enjoy the day! Thankfully we didn't have it the following weekend because we had a major snowstorm and that would have ruined the entire thing. Here are pictures the generous photographer took. We also ended up on the local news channel...I didn't even know they were there! Here is a thank you from Jim and I. I will never forget the feeling I had when I was standing on that stage and looked out at all the people that came together. There was such a strong sense of community. I met so many amazing people through all of this. I cannot wait until the 2nd Annual. It will be much better since we have all year to plan!























The venue the evening before...



























No comments:

Post a Comment