Thursday, July 7, 2011

Still going strong!

Just realized it has been awhile since anything was posted on here. Who knows if Jim ever will again. Maybe, if you're lucky :)
Other than some minor Tacrolimus adjustments due to high lab results and abdominal pain, things have been going great! We are enjoying the nice days with long rides in the convertible, picnics, concerts and whatever else pops up.
I'm counting down the days to vacation in the Outer Banks of North Carolina (58 days)! The house is rented, just need to get the dogs to the vet and train them on how to use the ramp we bought for them to use so they can get into the Jeep easier.
This picture is from when we went last time, in 2009.
We missed our yearly vacation to the OBX last year since Jim was still on the mend.




This picture of me was in a previous blog post when I explained, through Tiffany Christensen's
perfect words, how CF affects me. Every time I see this picture the emotions that I was
having that day come right back. Jim and I took a really nice long ride down the peninsula of the Outer Banks. We went as far South as the Jeep could take us. At one point in the ride we got out so I could check out the views. I climbed a huge sand dune to check out the scenery. During my climb all I could think of was that I wish I didn't have to do it alone. I wanted Jim by my side, enjoying the view with me but knew there was no way in hell he'd be able to climb. I remember when I got to the top of the dune I could see the ocean on one side of the peninsula and the calm waters on the other. It was a breathtaking view...but I had no one to enjoy it with me. That made me sad...

So, guess what the first thing on the agenda is for this years trip to NC?

:)
Lots of love to Jim's donor and his family!

1 comment:

  1. I am happy that life is so good and busy that both of you don't find time to blog. . .although I DO love to read your posts :)

    I have a hard time looking at very many pictures from 2007. . .that was a hard year for me (and Bryan) It's hard but good to be reminded of what life was like so we can truly appreciate the life our Donor's gave us.

    ReplyDelete