Monday, April 4, 2011

Quiet

Things have been quiet lately, I'm NOT complaining and lets keep it that way!

Jim is still having stomach issues and his belly is still very bloated. He has his ups and downs but for the most part things have been pretty good. He has a bronch on Friday so soon we will hear if the A1 rejection is gone *fingers crossed* or not. I'll take not, thank you!

I am still training for a 5k on April 17th in Philadelphia, PA for Organ and Tissue Donor Awareness. If your interested in donating click here for info. Under "Visitors", click on "Sponsor Participant". Put my name in(Denise Fahr), click on the"Search" box and my name will pop up. Click on my name and follow the instructions. ;)

And here's the shirt I will be wearing for my run:
The weather is FINALLY starting to get nice out. My last run was along the Lehigh River with lots of fisherman nearby!

Also, if you live in the Lehigh Valley check this out! Celebrity bartenders on April 12th from 7 to 9pm all tips go toward my fundraising. Also, any time in the month of April (as long as you use the voucher on the form) 10% of food purchases will be donated to my fundraising (5% on Fri & Sat). So come out, eat and have Jim serve you a drink! I'm having Jim learn how to make a chocolate martini. If it's good I may just give him a tip. :)

So, what's new? We're getting some things done around the house that have been put on hold for a few years. First up, getting the paver steps fixed. We got a bad batch of blocks for our steps and they started deteriorating in the past few years and after this past winter, they're just dangerous! Here's what I came home to today:


Jim's been feeling well enough to do some projects around the house. He hung some blinds that we recently ordered. He had to stop at 3 because his muscles were getting sore. Oh yea, the dogs...they've got a rough life!
Next up will be a deck, new siding on the house and a brick mailbox.

New pill sorter for Jim. It's a month supply:
Fun stuff!

And, in case you were wondering, Mini Me is doing fine and I love her!

That's about it for now. Please send out positive vibes that Jim's bronch is clear!!

Much love to Jim's donor and donor family!!
Be someone's hero and become an organ donor by clicking here!

7 comments:

  1. Sending lots of positive vibes for a clear bronch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you go! Your run route looks so very calming and I bet it's beautiful when everything is green and in bloom :) Bummer about Jim's stomach, I hope that will clear up & Praying for good bronch results!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a GREAT update!!! :) xo
    GL with the bronch, fingers crossed. Get that cleared then that belly, we have LOTS of Rita's to eat this summer on your new back patio!!! ;)
    Love you both, and keep up that great work on the training, soooo proud of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Denise's home labor had below 30% lung capacity for a few years, then went and got a lung transplant. It's so nice now to be able to do things however small yet. I love waking up and having my muscles hurt from activity for a change. My stomach is still a killer from time to time (like today). Bloodwork scheduled for tomorrow, hopefully my red and white counts go up a bit and like Denise said Bronch on Friday. Last two bronchs showed A1 rejection so let's hope the high doses of prendisone and the antibiotics worked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jim we will pray your white count is up (Luke's came up to 5 after stopping the valgan) and that your bronch is clear!!!
    Hope that darn stomach gets in gear- in a good way!
    Glen and I are going to try to make the 12th.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love love the t-shirt. Hope to hear things continue to go in a good direction lung-wise.

    ReplyDelete