2010 was one of the most interesting years by far for us. There were many GOOD things and many BAD things but if you average it out, 2010 was AWESOME!
- Obviously, Jim received the most precious gift, the gift of life;
- Luke, Piper, Jess, Beth, Justine, Chris, and many others received their gift of lungs;
- An awesome surprise birthday party;
- Seeing Dave Matthews;
- Amazing friends and family;
- Meeting Joe (this is a big f'ing deal) Biden, Bill Clinton and Bowser from Sha Na Na;
- Walking hills and going out in the cold with my husband by my side;
- The oxygen tanks and compressor were removed from the house;
- No more breathing treatments or loud machines running (6 hours back into Jim's day);
- Meeting new amazing people out of the transplant journey;
- Jim being an active member of the household again (pumping gas, letting the dogs out, scraping the ice off of the car...just the little things);
- Learning what really is important in life.
- dry run;
- loss of Jim's Grammy Smith;
- loss of our precious cats, Torri and Phoebe;
- other CF friends still struggling and waiting;
- loss of several CF acquaintances;
- unexpected visits to HUP;
- PICC lines
- CMV & A1 rejection
Thank you donor and donor family for making 2010 awesome!
Click here to become someone's hero!