Wednesday, January 19, 2011

What's in my head?

Wow, so hard to believe that 8 months ago today we got THE CALL! Every month at this time I get very emotional. I feel like I want to cry just typing this. I really don't understand why that is. This is a good, GOOD THING! He has his new PRISTINE lungs and life. is. just. amazing (with a few viruses, ER visits and hospitalizations in between)!

It is still, after 8 months, hard to digest everything. Although we only waited 2 1/2 months for the call it felt like an eternity! WHEN are we going to get the damn call, the REAL CALL?! Ugh! I wouldn't wish that on my worse enemy...seriously, I wouldn't! Maybe that's why I get emotional. I remind myself how bad things were and how hard it was to wait. So many questions with no answers. How many times can Jim's body handle coughing until he almost passes out? How many time will he cough up blood before we get the call? How many times will I sit next to him in the morning rubbing his back while he is trying to catch his breath just because he sat up? Will there be another dry run? Will the call come in time? Will I have Jim with me for Christmas?

So if you're every curious of what might be going on IN MY HEAD on the 19th and 20th of any given month...there it is, in black and white.

Jim's CMV level has gotten to an acceptable level that he had his PICC line pulled last week. So, instead of the IV ganciclovir he is on oral Valtrex for the CMV. The sternum pain has subsided substantially. He has the pain only when he inhales deeply. Now, he's got some gut issues going on. A few days ago his stomach was so distended that it looked like he was at least 3 months pregnant. He's had severe stomach pain for the past week. Yesterday and today it has let up. We are thinking that it is either his gallstones or he's having the same emptying issues that he had right after transplant.

Tomorrow we head to HUP for a follow up visit with the transplant folks and then have a consult with a surgeon about Jim's gallbladder. We know he has to get it out and hopefully we'll get a date for the surgery right away.

And now for some fun stuff...
The sunroom remodeling is complete! We took a ride to IKEA 2 weeks ago and purchased a love seat and a table. Since I knew that the dogs would end up taking over the love seat I made sure that I got one with a cover (and purchased extra replacement ones). As you can see, Abby and Dharma love THEIR new sunroom!

Love seat in a box... new pillows ta da!Abby Dharma

Also, Jim, Team Sheldon and friends will be attending the 24th Annual Cystic Fibrosis Beach Bash. Come on out and join us. It's for a great cause!!

Very touching story about nine-year-old Christina-Taylor Green, the youngest victim of last week's shootings in Tucson, Ariz: . 9-Year-Old Ariz. Shooting Victim's Organs Donated.

Thank you donor and donor family!!!!!!
Click here to become an organ donor.

3 comments:

  1. The sun room looks great Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute Sun Room! The green and white looks good. I love that Abby has claimed her spot :)

    ReplyDelete