Friday, November 19, 2010

Sappy


Well, in about 2 hours from now Jim will have had his new lungs in place for 6months! Yes, that's right...6 months!!!! :)

It seems like just yesterday we got THE CALL! I don't even want to think about where we'd be now had he not received his gift. Every 19th and 20th of each month I get sappy, or maybe I should say sappier than normal. I also read the blog entries from those days and it brings tears to my eyes. I am so happy Jim started the blog and that we can look back and remember these special days of our lives. It amazes me how far Jim has come! Those days were both awful and amazing at the same time. I feel blessed to be with Jim on this journey and it had definitely given me an entirely different way in which I view life.

We were at HUP today for Jim's 6 month bronch.
Doesn't he look great?

100% O2 saturation!

When the procedure was complete the doctor came out and told me that his lungs look beautiful. We will have more results on Tuesday. After they do the bronch they always take an x-ray to make sure everything looks ok. Here it is:
The brown spot on the right lung is just a glare from my camera. It is just as clear as the left lung.

Here are the results of his bronch and pictures they gave us:


2 weekends ago we went to see Dave Matthews. The show was great!
Jim (with much help from Amanda) had a surprise birthday party for me and yes, I was surprised, sort of.

Me, Jim and Amanda


Amanda, my mom and I went to NY last weekend to see the Christmas Spectacular and a great time!

Thank you donor and your family! Click here to register as an organ donor, please!




1 comment:

  1. xoxo <----that says it all, I hope. You are BOTH amazing and we have all learned a lot from Jim and you. We are blessed to have you in our lives. You two rock!

    ReplyDelete