Friday, September 3, 2010

Beautiful



Beautiful post-transplant days. We are finally seeing the light at the end of the extremely loooooong tunnel! My sister-in-law told me that this picture makes her "heart happy". These smiles...yes, they are "REAL SMILES" of how amazing life can be! Many times in the past few days Jim and I just looked at each other with smiles for no apparent reason. Actually we know the reason, it's just too hard to verbalize!


Jim was looking for blood type AB but they only had type B...


So Jim had fish and chips from this stand on the boardwalk and it was really tasty! Just kidding. All of our post-tx friends probably just gasped for air reading that!


"Look, it's all about me!"

Walking the boardwalk! Climbing steps!!

A little pooped after a long day of walking miles on
the boardwalk!

Seriously! He was just strolling along, carrying a heavy bag with no shortness of breath, no oxygen hanging on his shoulder and no need to stop and take a break.


Early wedding anniversary meal. Safari Steakhouse at the Taj Mahal.


Ok, it's nice to know that I no longer have to wait for him but jeez, I stopped in the hallway for a second and he was gone!

Note floor level "CF". Interesting...the first thing I thought was "cystic fibrosis".

No, he didn'tbuy the belt!

Perfect day for a Rita's ice (or two)!

I found it hard to contain my smiles!

A very happy place! Starbucks with an ocean view!!

Diabetic in a candy store...

And our suite at the Taj Mahal was just amazing!!!
Balcony view!


And Friday we went to HUP for a bronch:
Rockin' the surgical mask and hospital gown!


100%saturation! Way to go Jim! Mine was 98%. He's such a show off! Dr. Lee did the bronch today. He told me that his lungs look beautiful. I'll take that, although pristine does sound nicer! We should have the results of the biopsy by Tuesday. That is when we will find out if there are any signs of rejection.


Life certainly is good, and getting better every day!

9 comments:

  1. xoxoxo... :) :) :) :)
    LOVE this all

    ReplyDelete
  2. greetings from puerto rico...you guys are amazing! im glad hes doing so well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, my husband Cory has CF and I just found your blog and read through all of it. We live very close to you in Whitehall. It's so great to see how well things are going. Love the climbing steps picture!! Wishing you continued good health and happy times ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I smiled all the way through reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome post! Jim looks great. It made me smile reading and looking at the pictures of the two you out and living life. Life is good indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Belated Anniversary. You are BOTH lookin great!!

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Denise,
    I can't wait until we get to post the same thing! And I see glimpses of it.... I know Luke will be there too. It is so great to see you guys had a fantastic weekend and Jim was leaving you in the dust!!
    We will pray for A0B0C0 on his biopsy!
    I was looking for your email but couldn't find it... if you have mine can you shoot me an email?

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK I have to one up you, I have Fahr Rd. sign and on the map :).
    You all are looking good keep the faith!!!
    Love UJ

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to see that you are both getting back to enjoying life! Love the 'diabetic in a candy store picture.'

    Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete