Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Out and About and Ready to FIGHT!

Today Jim picked me up in "M" for a nice lunch at a diner downtown. He ate some french toast and an egg with no pain afterward! That is a HUGE deal since he has been having a lot of pain after eating. His weight is really dropping from this stomach issue. He is down to 126 lbs.

Jim's attitude today is different compared to what it has been since his transplant. He is pissed that things aren't going his way and told me that he is ready to start getting angry and get back into fight mode; this is a good thing! I think it helped that he got out of the house today since he hasn't been doing much of anything lately, although, he did go with me to the vet and the drug store yesterday. Baby steps...

Quote:
"I'm torturing myself by watching cooking shows." Jim
"Why would you do that?" Denise
"Hope for the future..." Jim

On a side note:
I thought it took me over an hour to finish my 5k but click here to see how I did ( scroll to bottom :) ). I and other runners were interviewed for a clip at the race. They asked what I thought about the course and what made me come to the race. There will be a little clip of interviews and maybe I'll get in it. "The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." ~ John Bingham

Much love to our donor and donor family @>--------
Be someone's hero and become an organ donor!


6 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the fighting attitude! Time to kick the stomach pain in the ass! Woo hoo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the quote by John Bingham! I will have to remember that one. . . it's right up there with Jim's trainer quote "Pain is just weakness leaving your body."

    I think it is really great that you did the race!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Kick that pain in the ass, Barb!
    Jamie, LOVE those quotes too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get into that fight mode, Jim. 126 is just scary for your height. I hope your pain goes away soon, and I can empathize with you from last week recovering from my blockage. I'm still not able to power eat like I was before the blockage. It's amazing what even we, as CFers, can take for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes 126 is WAY to low for me. My normal walking around weight is over 160 but much much more muscle. Right now I'm all sucked out and look horrible. I think my issue is a combination of stomach and sugar levels. I'm having a tough time managing my sugars because I can't count on the amount of food I'm going to eat so don't know how much insulin to give coupled with Prendisone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. FYI - I was wrong. My time for the 5k was 38:17:00. :)

    ReplyDelete