Monday, July 5, 2010

Yep, Just the Little Things!

This is the 3rd day in a row that we got out of the house together other than the standard trips to Philly. Woo hoo!!

We went pillow shopping for Jim. Pre-tx he had to sleep with his chest raised so as not to let gunk settle in his lungs. Now, he can sleep flat on his back if he wants to. Yep! Just the little things... We went to Target first, no pillow but I did find some new shorts and tanks for myself. We found a pillow at Kohl's then did 3 laps around the store for Jim to stretch his legs a little more. I was walking at an average pace and looked back to find Jim right behind me. Pre-tx I would have been walking much slower and still making sure he was with me. He was trucking along at a pretty good clip! Yep, just the little things...

Jim's belly is still messed up. His feet seem to be swollen too but that could be from the heat. It was 100 degrees out today! Even with the heat, Jim didn't have any problem with his lungs!

I got my run in this evening when the sun and temperature went down to a cool 90 degrees. By the time I was done it was down to a chilly 82 degrees.

Tomorrow we will be headed to Philly to get the results of the bronch. Wish us luck!!!




3 comments:

  1. Sending lots of Irish luck your way. Hoping for good news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for good results. Keep us posted. So good to see you driving and walking around the store!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every day post transplant is full of hundreds of 'little things' that back in the day seemed soooo hard :) I am glad he is doing so well!

    ReplyDelete