Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Lasagna Stayed Down...

...but this morning he had problems with liquids.

He had a Carnation Shake when he woke up at 8 am and was fine. At 10 am he took some Milk of Magnesia because he did not "go" for 2 days and about 20 minutes later he was vomiting. He then tried some Ginger Ale, same thing 20 minutes later. Needless to say he didn't get his 10:00 breakfast in...but he did "go" twice! Woo hoo!

We are trying to figure this one out. If the chicken and lasagna stayed down, why did he have an issue with liquids this morning? Our only guess is that the Milk of Magnesia did something bizarre. Mental note: Do not take Milk of Magnesia on an empty stomach!

In the afternoon he had some applesauce and that stayed down as well as the pudding, Ensure and Ginger Ale he had later in the evening.

What the heck! So, it's back to taking it easy with the diet again. Tomorrow will be a better day, I'm sure.


3 comments:

  1. I know that I'm much more likely to throw up in the mornings, and have to take it very easy on my belly. My non-cf husband is actually the same way. So it may just simply be a morning problem. It just seems like my stomach needs to wake up and ease into accepting things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about crackers and Easy Cheese spread? I had a professor who could only eat cheese and crackers for the last 40 years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. His stomach must have been so full from the chicken and lasagna that the liquids just weren't going to stay down. I had this happen ALOT before I had the stomach surgery.

    ReplyDelete