Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Going for a Ride and it's not in the "M"

I am typing this from the ambulance that is taking us to HUP.

Jim has been vomiting since about 3:30 today. I took him to the local ER and they took stomach x-rays, and a CT scan. There is no obstruction or perforation to his bowels. They gave him several shots to stop the vomiting but nothing seems to be helping. Before we left they put an NG tube in to prevent Jim from aspirating into his lungs during the bumpy ride to HUP. Hopefully they will take that out when we get there.

So... I'm joking with the ambulance driver (that's what you usually do when you're shotgun, right?) telling him to drive faster and he tells me that he can only go up to 80 mph. What???? I could get us there faster! Yes, I did say that to him but was joking (sort of). If he drives over 80 an email is sent to his boss and within 5 seconds he will be called. He could lose his driving privileges or actual lose his job.

I really hope they can figure this out asap! I just wish things would go a little smoother for us. It's hard to get excited about things going well because I always feel like there's something lurking around the corner.

THIS. SUCKS. BEYOND. BELIEF!

5 comments:

  1. I hope they figure things out too. Aspirating is probably a big concern, I hope that can be avoided. Please keep us updated. Thinking of you both and praying things start to improve!!!

    Much Love,
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! So sorry to hear this... hope he gets to feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, the "grass is always greener around the corner" syndrome. I know it well. Get better soon, Jim, so you can enjoy those new lungs of yours. Keep us posted, please Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. prayers to you Jim, keep us posted!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it does suck. being grateful for our new lungs doesn't mean that we can't acknowledge the suckier parts of this whole process. i hope that everything is resolved by now -- definitely thinking of you guys!

    ReplyDelete