Friday, July 30, 2010

5k Tommorow..."Because I Can!"

Tomorrow is race day for me. I have numerous reasons why I am doing this even though my training has been less than stellar; they are:
  • Because I can! I'm not saying this to sound self-absorbed but, I can run and there are so many other people that cannot even walk.
  • For our donor and donor family. It's another way for me to say "thank you" even though I do not know who they are.
  • To prove to myself that I can do anything I set my mind to.
To keep me going I will be thinking of:
  • All the CFers that are struggling to breathe.
  • Patience for all the CFers and their families waiting for THE CALL that will change their lives.
  • Jim, who has taught me so much about how precious life is and how to appreciate what you've got and how much I want him to feel better.
  • My friend (who was going to do this run with me) and her family. Her mother had and intestinal transplant several months ago and is going through a very tough time.
Quote:
"Tomorrow I will beat my record time!"**

**I have never raced a day in my life!






3 comments:

  1. love love love this post :) good luck! love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go, girl! You are doing it for such wonderful reasons. I'm so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Denise for finishing the race! Her preparation was severely hindered by my health and hospitalizations, but she persevered.

    ReplyDelete