Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Running...

...me, not Jim yet! I decided to start training again for my 5k run on July 31st. I stopped at week 3 when we got THE CALL so I decided to start all over at week 1. My first run was this evening and it felt great to get out an clear my head a bit. The music was blasting and my C25K iPhone app was doing it's job! The C25K program is 9 weeks but I won't finish it by July 31st but that's fine. I'm still doing it!

Jim is still having the anxiety issues and the doctor put him on 50mgs of Zoloft. Hopefully that will get him through this tiny bump. He's got blood work, CXR, PT and RT in Philly Thursday and a bronch on Friday.

That's all for today.




5 comments:

  1. I think the anxiety is normal. I was constantly axnious and worried about rejection amongst many other things. I was put on Klonopin. It seemed to help. I still take it. My anxiety is better now, but still creeps up, I think the meds cause some of it. Hope he gets feeling better about everything!
    "Keep on keeping on!" -Joe Dirt

    Best Wishes~ Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Denise!!!! So glad to hear you are in training again!!! Good for you!!!! Hope Jim feels better soon,,,, at least this is just a little hiccup ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Jamie the prendisone is doing a number on me. I have always had issues with it in the past too. Hopefully I can get on a lower dose soon. I hate all the nervous energy and inability to stop. The body and mind get out of sync and it all flops from there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes the anxiety is totally normal. I think some of my tummy issues are from anxiety so its good to hear youre trying the zoloft

    ReplyDelete
  5. Denise, so happy you are able to get out and run! James, bummer with the anxiety! I will continue to pray for relief from that b/c I know although it is not life threatening it can certainly diminish the quality of life to a degree. Grrr to anxious/yucky side effects! Blessings to both of you!

    ReplyDelete