Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Return of Team Sheldon!

Michelle, Shannon, Denise
Barb, Holly and Sheldon (a/k/a Jim)
Jim is having some belly issues yet but today was a good day! Team Sheldon and Sheldon himself met up at Starbucks for some coffee and laughs. A few women came in, saw our shirts and asked us if we just ran a 5k. What in the world (other than our shirts having a team name) would make her think we ran a 5k? Anyway, Jim's reply was "No, I had a double lung transplant 5 weeks ago." I believe the woman's reply was "What?" I guess it's not something you hear every day.


More random thoughts:

I treated myself to a new patio set! Love it! It's nice and cozy. Can't wait for a nice night to sit and relax with a glass of wine.

My niece, Amanda and I did some shopping today and when I went to open the trunk I thought "Oh man, this stuff won't fit! The suitcase is in there." Ummmm, not anymore! The suitcase is back in the closet and the next time it comes out will hopefully be when we go to the Outer Banks! Knowing that our donor was from North Carolina, our future visits to the Outer Banks will have an entirely new meaning!

Corolla, NC

"I now believe, by the way, that miracles can happen."
This is the final sentence of the book "A Walk to Remember" by Nicholas Sparks and it happens to be the book Amanda finished reading on the morning that Jim received his transplant. Hmmm, pretty neat...

Quotes:
Jim - "Look, my head shrunk...hope my brain didn't go with it."
Denise - "Me too because there wasn't much to begin with!"

"Notice, I'm not coughing?" while sipping on a frozen drink.

click here to join the organ donation registry

BECOME AN ORGAN DONOR, SAVE A LIFE!

TYD&DF!

3 comments:

  1. Yay, team Sheldon!! So wonderful that you continue to move forward. How strange to see the vest and nebs sitting to the side - awesome, just awesome. Thanks for letting us see into your world. Hope those tummy issues resolve soon. Blessings to you both!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure I can speak for all of Team Sheldon when I say it was an awesome visit. Also, we can help break-in the new patio furniture. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhh...... I like the sound of that Barb!!!! It was a great time!!!

    ReplyDelete