Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Pristine


Pristine
Pronunciation: \ˈpris-ˌtēn, pri-ˈstēn, especially British ˈpris-ˌtīn\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Latin pristinus; akin to Latin prior
Date: 1534
1 : belonging to the earliest period or state : original
2 a : not spoiled, corrupted, or polluted (as by civilization) : pure b: fresh and clean b : fresh and clean as or as if new
3. : the look of Jim's new lungs!

We are going home tomorrow!!! We cannot wait to sleep in our own bed and see the dogs and cat!

Recap of today:
Jim didn't sleep at all last night. Being on 35mg's of Prednisone does not help. The stuff works great for just about everything but the side effects stink. Can't complain...Jim is breathing much better! I hope he is asleep now.

He is now down to 137 lbs. Get ready Westgate Pizza and Rita's we're on our way!!

He had his bronch this afternoon. While I was waiting in his room our transplant coordinator came in and told me the good news...Dr. Lee said the lungs look pristine! We gave each other a high 5 and a big hug then discussed all of the new meds he will be on. Later in the day the meds were delivered and we even got some special goodies: a scale, thermometer, huge pill organizer, micro spirometer, blood pressure cuff and a pill cutter.

Quotes of the day;
"I'm healthy, things are looking up." ~ Jim
"So, when Jim sneezes, do his lungs sneeze too?" ~ nameless (you know who you are)
"Jim should bronze them and wear them like Flavor Flave." (regarding Jim's old lungs)
"I don't want anything to do with the old ones. We've had a love/hate relationship for over 40 years." (Jim's reply to the Flavor Flave comment).
"This better be a good burger!" dad after we drove in circles trying to get to The New Deck Tavern for dinner. Darn one way streets!
"Amazing, just amazing..." ~ me

TYD&DF!!

5 comments:

  1. Great news to hear! So happy for you two!

    Liza (from the CF.com boards)(mom of 2 girls w/CF one with a dbl lung tx on 7/25/07)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim (Harris) WeaverJune 3, 2010 at 5:17 AM

    Great news coming home!! Love the Dad quote... What a Dad wouldn't do for his little girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on everything !!! So happy for you both !!
    Did you get to try any Pat's Cheese steaks ? I have a stash in the freezer whne I get a hankering for philly steaks ? On the weight issue - I have alot of Scandishakes - powder form in strawberry - that I don't need anymore. I have gained alot of weight back since I was on home iv's twice. If you want some let me know and they are yours. mmmmmm westgate pizza - I LOVE westgate pizza - den not at all - and miss it since we are not in Beth. anymore. Have some fro me !!
    If you guys need anything , please don't hesitate to contact us - even if it's just to talk - as a CF spouse to den, etc.
    take care, hugs all around and congrats again !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful! I am so happy for both of you - and your families. I admire both of you and look forward to hearing about Jim's daily accomplishments and quotes of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome!! Enjoy it and take tons of pictures! This is def. an incredible milestone! =)

    ReplyDelete