Monday, June 28, 2010

Antsy, Anxious and Annoyed

Not too much to report today. Jim had PT and RT in Philly today. He walked almost 2 miles. His Prograf level is stable so the dosage will remain at 1.5 mgs BID. He is still beside himself. He doesn't want to sit, doesn't want to stand, he's tired but can't nap. The meds he's taking are getting him antsy, anxious and annoyed.

Things seem to be looking up *fingers crossed, knocking on wood*. Again, I'm always thinking that there may be something lurking around the corner. I guess this is a good thing and a bad thing. I want to enjoy the good times while I have them and not think about the bad that may be lurking. At the same time, I can't kid myself to believe that things will be perfect. It's a balancing act that I hope I can maintain. I'm hoping in time I may believe that things will be better and my main focus won't be CF related, rather thoughts of fun things that I've been wanting to do for YEARS but CF took away. To name a few:
Hiking.
Play with the dogs in the snow WITH Jim.
Kayaking (not sure that will happen with Jim's motion sickness).
Do random things without thinking about getting home in time to do treatments.

My list is much longer but I can't seem to get my thoughts wrapped around all of the possibilities!
*Umm...this is my list. Hopefully Jim will be agreeable to most of them!* If not, who's in?!

As usual, I think about Jim's donor and his family every day and am so thankful that they have shared a part of themselves so Jim and I can have a better life.

Save a life, be an organ donor: http://www.donatelife.net/

2 comments: