Thursday, May 20, 2010

What a day!

Where to start!?
I'm super tired so anything I type may not make sense or be spelled properly! Got to bed at 3:30 a, tossed and turned for at least an hour and finally fell asleep with the help of my little friend, xanax. Woke up at 9am.

Oh...the last post I sent should have gone out awhile ago. Whatever...

Last night when Jim was knocked out I told him "we did it, you got your lungs and did GREAT". I was blown away when he moved his head acknowledging that he heard me!!!!!!! I also told him about all of you guys praying and sending good vibes, he nodded his hesd again!

We freaking' did it!!!!! Made it through the grueling DAYS of testing and here we are!!!! Unbelievable!

Donor family and donor, I am sure that words cannot express the sadness that you are feeling right now. From the deep depths of my heart and Jim's "THANK YOU!!!!!!!!". We will be living a life of NO treatments, no vest, and more time to do whatever we want to at a moments notice! No more lugging oxygen, portable machines and so many other opportunities that we would not have if it weren't for you.

Random "stuff" that went on today:

My dad, Jim's mom and I got to the Hosp this morning and snuck in just before visiting hours started. :)
Jim's dad and his friend got there in the afternoon (I think it was in the afternoon).

Spoke with surgeon briefly this afternoon (again...I think it was in the afternoon) and he is happy with Jim's progress! Wahoo!!!!!!!

I didn't get my training for my 5k in but I done give a =#%~¥! Plus, I think I clocked in at least 5 miles from running all over this huge hospital!

Dad and Jim's mom left (dont remember when) and Jim's dad left soon after while my niece Amanda was on her way. We were told visiting hrs were until 8:00 but stayed until we got some odd looks. ;)

Amanda and i are at the hotel now after a late night stop to WaWa for some grub.

Received email from Jim's CF nurse (Paula) and she said that she even contacted Jim's CF doc in China to tell him the great news.

Alrighty...gotta get my butt to bed? Hope this made sense. Will post pics when I get home.

Thanks everyone!

Piper, you were the FIRST person Jim talked about when I saw him this morning. We've got fingers, toes, puppy paws and all kinds of stuff crossed for you!!!!!!

Good night and Merry Christmas!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Wasn't sure if you'd be logging in to the CF boards so I thought I'd leave a message here.

    Congratulations! Thoughts and prayers are with you both as well as the donor family for the wonderful selfless gift they have given you.

    Liza (mom to Anna & Rachel both w/CF)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really, really happy to hear he is doing good. Sounds like he is surrounded by many people that love him! I was hoping you were going to post pictures~ can't wait to see them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news! Denise can you tell us what Jim will go through as part of his adjustment to the lungs and recovery?

    ReplyDelete
  4. God Bless you guys! Keep up the good vibes and get well right away so you can enjoy life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. MAJ
    There will be weekly, monthly follow up visits, testing and resp rehab. Don't know full details but it will be a long journey and worth every minute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Denise... when you have a chance, can you provide us with a place to send cards to you in Phila? Appreciate it! Sooooo glad that he is recovering so well!!!

    ReplyDelete